No One Ever Told You Onions Could Do THESE Miraculous Things
Onions have been used for years in home medicine for treating a variety of health problems, from stopping nausea and vomiting to using them as organic antibiotics to boost the immunity of those who have chronic health problems.
The reasons why onions are used so much is because they are rich in sulfur, as other members of the Allium family are, which makes them great natural antiseptics and antibiotics.
But the health benefits of onions don’t stop here. Onions are also rich in the quercetin antioxidant which is a very useful ingredient in fighting free radicals.
Onions are also very effective mucokinetics and as such can be sued to treat a number of respiratory problems.
You can also use onions to treat arthritis, high blood cholesterol, and protect and preserve the health of your heart.
They are likewise recommended to people with diabetes, as they are rich in flavonoids and sulfur.
With such amazing properties, it’s no wonder why onions have been used for hundreds of years in domestic medicine.
Getting the Most out of Your Onions
- Mucus buildups in your chest – Just take an onion, peel it, dip it in coconut oil and crush it. Stir the mixture well until you get a creamy paste. Rub the paste all over your chest and use a towel or cloth to cover it. Put on a shirt and let it do its magic.
- Colic– Onions have been long used to treat colic in babies by the Cherokee Indians. If you want to try it yourself, just slice a couple of small slices of yellow onion and boil them. After they are boiled, leave them to cool down and drain the water. Give a teaspoon of the drink to your baby on every hour until you see some results.
- Coughs– Just take a large piece, peel it off and cut it in half. When you’re done, put a tablespoon of brown sugar on each half of the onion and leave it for one hour. When the time passes, you can freely eat it. You should take one half, two times a day, until your cough is gone.
- Nausea and vomiting– Grab a white or yellow onion and squeeze the juice out of it. When you’re done, cover your onion with some cloth. Next, brew a peppermint tea and leave it to cool down. One it does, drink 2 teaspoons of your squeezed onion juice and wait for five-ten minutes before you drink 2 teaspoons of your cooled peppermint tea. You should wait for another five-ten minutes before repeating the process again. Do this until you see some results. Normally, your nausea will be gone in half an hour.
- Ear aches and infections– Grab an onion, slice it up and put your pieces in a thin sock. When you do, tie a knot on the sock and place it over your aching/infected ear. You can put a hat over your head to secure it. Keep it on until the ache is gone.
- Cuts–The thin, transparent crust of the onion is where most of its antiseptic properties lie. Just slice some thin slices off the onion’s crust (not the peel) and place them over your cuts to stop the bleeding instantly.
- Fever–Grab an onion and cut it into thinner slices. Next, grab some coconut oil and massage the soles of your feet. When you finish, put a thin slice on your feet arches and use your kitchen wrap to secure them into place. You can also put on some socks before you go to bed and keep the slices overnight. The onion slices should extract your toxins and get rid of your fever fast.
- Air purification– You can place onion slices around your house to clean the air from viruses and bacteria.
Other Uses of Onions:
- You can clean and polish your copperware and glassware with onion slices
- Onions are great insect repellents. Just rub some slices on your skin to keep those bugs away
- If you have freckles. You can massage your skin with an onions slice to prevent them from appearing
- If your hair is receding, just massage your scalp with onion juice regularly
- If you want to keep those moths away, just spray some onion juice on your belongings
- You can protect your iron from rusting by rubbing it with a slice of onion
- If you want to keep bugs away from your plants, just boil some onions and spray your plants with the juice
It seems that the Native Americans knew what they were doing when they relied on onions to treat common health problems. The onion is truly a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to minor health problems and the best thing about it is that it’s cheap and easy to use.
Even the World Health Organization recommends using onions to treat coughs, mucus congestion, bronchitis and infections, apart from many other medical professionals.
Hope you found this article useful. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!